mid drive test
Why Convert Your Bike to an eBike
If you own a bike, you should know about the benefits that an eBike can do for you. Pedal assist mode, reduce stress and impact on your knees and thighs. Throttle mode, an e-bike is like a clean and gentle motorcycle, it produces no exhaust fumes and is relatively quiet. Save time, you can get higher speed with less pedaling or no pedaling, the average speed of cycling is 10 km/h and you will not fell tired, but the speed of an eBike can be 20 to 50km/h, you may save 50% to 80% of the travel time. Cutting costs, if you use a motorcycle or car, you need to consider high fuel costs and parking costs, eBike can save all those costs. Nature-friendly, riding an e-bike is emission-free and using the e-bike helps protect the environment.
What Do I Need to Convert My Bike to an eBike
You need a set of eBike conversion kits, they include a motor, a display, a pair of eBrake levers, a chainring, and a battery. In Varstrom, you will get everything you need to convert your bike.
How Can I Choose the Right Kits for My eBike Conversion
1. Confirm the Bottom Bracket Size
Varstrom provides 68 to 73mm/100mm/120mm BB size for BBS series (250W/350W/500W/750W/1000W) mid drive kits. 68 to 73mm BAFANG mid drive kits are suitable for most bicycles, if you still don't know whether our motor is suitable for your bicycle, you can download and print our measuring paper for measurement, or you can contact us to confirm the size.
2. Choose the Power of the Motor
Varstrom provides 3 series for BAFANG mid motors, motors of different series provide significantly different speeds and max torque, motors of the same series provide similar speeds and max torque. You can go to the product page for detail specification of the motor kits
- BBS01B: 36V/250W, 48V/250W, 36V/350W;
- BBS02B: 36V/500W, 48V/500W, 48V/750W, 48V/750W (100mm);
- BBSHD: 48V/1000W, 52V/1000W,48V/1000W (100mm), 52V/1000W (100mm), 48V/1000W (120mm), 52V/1000W (120mm).
3. Choose a Chainring for the Kits
Varstrom provides 36-tooth, 44-tooth, 46-tooth, 48-tooth, 52-tooth for BBS series motors. More teeth will give the e-bike system higher top speeds, but a reduction in torque or acceleration. If you need to climb and the road is full of gravel, you can choose a smaller chainring, if you ride more on the road, you can choose a larger chainring.
Note: Bafang Mid Drive Motor system is more suitable for bikes with less than 8 speed cassettes, if your bike has 9 to 11-speed cassette, the chain may drop off when you shift to the highest torque cassette due to the offset of the chainring.
4. Choose a eBrake System for the eBike Kits
5. Choose a Display for the eBike Kits
You can choose BAFANG eBike displays or Varstrom eBike displays to control the eBike system.
- BAFANG eBike Displays: BAFANG DP C181, BAFANG DP C18, BAFANG C961.
- Varstrom eBIke Displays: Touch T1, P860C, B750C, P850C, 850C, 500C, 500C-V, DM03, 800S.
6. Choose the Battery for the Kits
If you have a battery with stable output, you can use the battery for our kits. If you don't have a storage battery, our storage battery could be your best choice.
- HAILONG Series (36.8*9.1*11.1cm/14.48*3.58*4.37inch): 36V 15.6 Ah, 36V 17.4 Ah, 36V 21.0 Ah (LG 3500mAh) Cell, 48V 13Ah, 48V 17.5Ah (LG 3500mAh Cell).
- HAILONG Max (G80) Series (36.6*9.1*12.7cm/14.4*3.58*5inch): 36V 20Ah, 36V 25Ah, 48V18Ah, 48V 19.2Ah, 48V 20Ah, 52V 14.0Ah.
- HAILONG Parrot Series (36.8*9.5*12.5cm/14.56*3.7*4.72inch): 52V 19.2Ah (LG Cell).
7. Recommended accessories for the Kits
If you need to modify the parameter of the controller, you'll probably need a Programming Cable. If you choose a high powered motor, Gear Shifting Sensor will help you cut-off the power when you shift gears. If you want to track the bike from your iPhone, you can buy an Air Tag Locator.